Cal’s $7.4 Million Quarter Nearly TRIPLED Tillis’ $2.6 Million
RALEIGH, NC — According to Thom Tillis’ FEC report filed today, Cal Cunningham has outraised Tillis by $5 million for the quarter, exceeded his fundraising for the full cycle, and erased his cash-on-hand advantage.
“If you thought things couldn’t get worse for Senator Tillis, they just did,” said Devan Barber, Cal for North Carolina campaign manager. “In November when Cal takes this seat back for North Carolina, Tillis will be quickly forgotten following a failed Senate career and unbelievably weak candidacy.”
As a reminder:
- Cal raised $7.4 million in Q2 and has raised nearly $15 million over the course of the cycle.
- Cal reported $6.6 million on hand at this point in the race. Tillis today reported $6.8 million on hand.
- Cal has received donations from nearly 29,000 North Carolinians over the course of the cycle, and one-third of those North Carolinians have given more than once.
- Over the course of the cycle, 96 percent of Cal’s contributions have been under $100.
- Cal hasn’t taken a single corporate PAC contribution, unlike Tillis who has taken nearly $3 million from corporate PACs and represented their interests, instead of the interest of North Carolinians.