Cal Cunningham has released detailed plans for next steps of COVID-19 to help North Carolina and our nation guard against the next wave and future pandemics, create jobs, and ensure support reaches all North Carolinians.
Released in May, Cal’s plan for COVID-19 relief includes:
- Tests, Supplies and Contact Tracing: Widespread testing & Personal Protective Equipment to help communities reopen with peace of mind.
- Jobs: Putting people back to work while rebuilding our infrastructure and prioritizing national service.
- A Stronger Safety Net: Helping families weather the economic impact of COVID-19 by expanding access to health care, extending unemployment benefits, and supporting small businesses and our agriculture industry.
- Communities of Color: Understanding the disparate impact of COVID-19 & addressing the barriers facing communities of color.
- State & Local Aid For Communities: Supporting those providing essential services, like teachers and first responders.
- Accountability and Oversight of Recovery Efforts: Ensuring recovery funding ends up in the right hands.
In July, Cal released his key priorities to be included in the next federal relief package. After continued Senate inaction, Cal continues to highlight his priorities as well calling for relief for the Postal Service after harmful cuts made by Postmaster Louis DeJoy.
Cal’s key priorities to be included in Congress’ next coronavirus relief package:
- Expanding enhanced unemployment benefits
- Relieving state and local government budget shortfalls
- Providing resources for schools and small businesses
- Provide relief for the postal service
- Passing a Medicaid expansion incentive
Cal’s comprehensive relief plan will help North Carolinians weather this public health and economic crisis, a sharp contrast to Senator Tillis’ inaction and inability to pass a federal relief fund through Congress.